Sunday, April 22, 2007

School

One week into school after four months of holiday and work was brain-stimulating. I have once again been thrown back into the life of a student. With lecturers and mentors being my superior, more money spent and not receiving any pay, the pressure of scoring for exams and to be surrounded by piles of notes and books in my clean and tidy room. The first lesson started mostly at 0900 everyday but it does not make any difference to me compared to JC which started at 0730. My school is situated all the way North in Yio Chu Kang, which takes me around 1 hour to reach the train station; I have to wake up latest by 0700 daily.

All my teachers had very different characteristics: Gentle, bizarre, funny, strict and arrogant. Dr.T is my lecturer and tutor for Physiology. He never combs his hair I supposed. He has this center-parting hair-cut at the front and his grey hair tends to stick out from all other parts of his head. He speaks in a very monotonous tone; though I admire him for his knowledge, I just hope that he speaks more clearly in the near future. One fact that made him so interesting was that he kept on disturbing one of my girl friends and stared at her after class. Well, he looked like one pervert. (No offend; this is just my personal comment.)

I signed up for a lot of the CCA orientation. Kendo, archery, adventure club, French club, astronomy club and so on. Out of my mind? There is no harm trying out all the things available, it is free anyway; one won't know how much it would cost just to try a game of archery. Yet, I would most probably join the French club, its training is on alternate Wednesday and I get to understand more about my favourite French musical. I might even have a chance to learn Fencing. Cool.

Daddy has been in US since last Friday, Mum and me have not been having a proper lifestyle since then. We do not have soup everyday, we do not have meals at a regular time and the dining table is always messy. Maybe, it is always good to have someone in control.

Daddy also approved me to go on a study trip to Chiangmai University this coming June. This would be my first time traveling without my family. This is so anticipating!

1 comment:

Hiu Yeung said...

'Clean and tidy room'. Sure or not...

And I really don't understand why girls like to say negative things about other guys and their professors. When we guys gossip about girls, our comments are almost always 'woah that one so cute' or 'woah that one so chio' and never 'woah how come that one like monster' one. Maybe you really should read the On Female Mediocrity article I linked on my blog.

Travelling with school is still not counted. Wait till you can travel alone :P