Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Random post.

"And I really don't understand why girls like to say negative things about other guys and their professors. When we guys gossip about girls, our comments are almost always 'woah that one so cute' or 'woah that one so chio' and never 'woah how come that one like monster' one. Maybe you really should read the On Female Mediocrity article I linked on my blog.", quoted from HY senior.

Well brother, I totally disagree with you and I think that you have gotten this perspective out of your very own experiences. Actually, girls tend to look out and talk about better-looking or intellectual man; depending on our own preferences. The story about our dear Dr. Tan lasted for about three days and it stopped. My girl friends started checking out for ruggers in the library, as for me, I prefer those matured-looking blue-eyed Caucasian professor. As I am in a Physiotherapy class, we girls tend to look out for body shape; we admire people with good build and could not put an eye on skinny man or overly-obese individuals.

I enjoying talking with my friends about Korean actors. Almost all of them are above 180cm and with very good build and skin complexion. People such as Cyril Niccolai are seriously someone we consider "man"!

On the other hand, I have a lot boy friends that prefer "hot legs" and always tried to indirectly criticise girls that doesn't have a perfect figure. Yet, not to blame them, I like "hot legs" too; trying hard to have a pair of nice legs like Jun Ji Hyun. ^^ Anyway, I remember you (Brother Goat) labeling girls as "pork chop" (meaning ugly girls in Cantonese for a millions of time before your departure to Baltimore.

___________________________________
In our Kinesiology class last week, we learnt to observe body movement. We spent one hour observing our friend sitting, standing and lying for two hour or so. We were told to 'stare' at someone, starting from the feet up to the head. The main difference between that of a jerk and us is that, in our brain, we do not think of taking advantage of the person but words like lateral flexion, wrist extension, hip abduction and so on. Yet, for a layman, no one can differentiate between the both. We scan people from bottom to top. Maybe, it would look better with our uniform on.

Anatomy lessons were interesting as well as pressuring. Dr Ulma expects a lot from us. She warned us at the start that she is going to be very bias and that she would compare between classes and make you feel bad if she needed to. We were taught to memorise the different part of the scapula, clavicle and humerus. Interspinuous fossa, trochlea, capitulum, lateral and median epicondyle and so on. After that, we went on with the arteries, veins and nerves. Well, we are working on the BRACHIAL PLEXUS as a start.

2 weeks into class and I found myself doing a lot reading. Dr Ulma said that lecture only contains 5% of the thing that you are going to learn. Friends asked me whether I had a lot of homework to do, not really I replied, but there is a lot independent learning that I had to do. It's tertiary education by the way.

I opted for Malay Language as my elective. Yesterday class was fun though I couldn't remember much that I learnt.

It’s time to move my leg muscle and go for some studying. ^^
Stay healthy people!

No comments: