Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I am staying cool.

I have a lot of hesitation recently when it comes to planning of activities that involve human interaction. I find comfort locking myself in the hostel, reading my notes and shutting myself from all form of communication with the outside world (except from MSN). Am I suffering from some of kind of mental illness or what? Maybe, the things that I need to study are piling up and there is way too little time for me to clear it. Dreaming and surfing the Internet are things that causing me to lose concentration. My weekends this week are already burnt! There is outdoor classroom on Sunday for the whole day and on Saturday; there is Korean class and an obligation to visit my Third Aunt’s place. The mere thinking of it simply makes me sick. Weekends are supposedly for us to procrastinate, sit down, sleep and rot through it. Isn’t it? Maybe, I am not at the right age in doing so. Every minute of me is so precious that it should not be wasted. Everything done should come with a reason and it should be constructive. In just one lecture, there can be over 50 bombarding words thrown into your face, wanting you to not just recognize them but to remember them. “You pay this amount of money, you get what you deserve to get!” This is Dr. William’s favourite quote. Well, I am really speechless on that. Basically, the lecturer tells you truly that one slide should require 45 minutes of your studying time, and there are a total of 50 over slides! That’s university. The good thing is; it allows you ample of time to sleep till 10am for some days of the week. :P

Yesterday morning, Dora, our lecturer returned us our marking sheet for our first PPTP (Principle of physiotherapy practical)’s practical. I obtained an A for both parts of the exam. The first part was on the measurement of the range for ankle inversion, I was so careful in the set up that the whole process actually took 7.04s and due to the fact the I didn’t do a Passive Range of Motion on the uninvolved side of the leg (in practical, people seldom do it too, but it’s exam), my distinction flew away. The other part was exercise prescription, I was lucky and got a really simple question, it required me to increase the strength of knee extensors during free active exercises! Yet, I touched the left leg and said it was the right by a slip of my mouth; distinction flew away again! The surprising thing was that I actually didn’t recognize the trick movement of the patient incorrectly; you really do not have to follow the book on it! I am really prepared to dump my Clarkson book away. :P

Skipped the useless Physiology lecture in the afternoon and went home for self- study. After I was about to settled down, I found ants crawling from my room mate’s table towards the window frame and hence spent quite some time cleaning and wiping up everything again. Hope those tiny creatures don’t appear again! I will squash them to death. Irritating creatures trying to conquer my room; I am always here to defend and fight till the end. :P

Yesterday was also the day I finally got my Clinical Uniform ready! It’s a simple shirt plus a skirt. I thought it looks okay compared to the pants I need to wear during the days as a physiotherapist assistant. At least, I don’t look like a cleaner. 

click to comment
Here is a picture we(Karen, me, Grace) took on the way to Aberdeen’s centre for an outdoor classroom activity.
There we were each assigned to one elderly and we were told to interview his or her health status physically and psychologically using the Vitality Plus Scale and later,test their balance using the Berg’s Balance Test. The following is some general information about the 81 years old POPO I interact with.

Handgrip: 10.0kg
Elbow flex-ext x10 times: 16.87s
Sit to Stand x 5 times: 11.00s
Resting Pulse: 58beats/min
Pulse after exercise: 68 beats/min

We also did lots of theraband exercises and some mini dances, with oldies song in the background. Happy day. (last Friday)


click to comment
Physio gal students plus our lecturer, DORA on the extreme right. :D

Can't wait for Waltz on Thursday and Yogalates and Jazz starting next week. Dancing seriously makes me happy, it's really worth spending time on it.

click to comment
The Basketball team I am supporting every Friday till 10pm!

<click to comment
One of my random meals in HK. How can I not gain weight?

Although many stuffs might come crashing into my face, I believe I am still in control to sort it out. Stay cool. I am cool.
A+ for finals. Hope so.
There are people that can get 100 marks for genetic exam in John Hopkins University and my brother can get 96; so what's the big deal getting 90 and above. Trash exams and strive! :P

Song of the week

It's really touching although it's not really possible.
It makes me think of the possible people that I could have loved so dearly. Have I found one? Could I have one?

1 comment:

Hiu Yeung said...

Haha Johns Hopkins is a crazy school la. You can get a 91 or 94 and you are still not guaranteed an A. Cannot even screw up a single bit.

Though we don't need to spend 45 minutes studying for a slide. That is just impossible :P