Monday, May 12, 2008

Recently. 2nd exam period.

The fact that I am not blogging lately showed that I am under great stress. I feel guilt doing other things either than studying or practising for practicals. Deep in me, I understand the need for relaxation and I often try to put it in my schechule. However, after around 1 hours of TV or slacking in front of the computer, I felt that I have wasted a lot of time. "Finding time to relax" seems to have become an excuse from study instead of a neccesity in life. Obviously, it's an indication of stress. Am I expecting too much from myself?

Last Monday, Human Development Across Lifespan(HDL) finally came to end with the handing in of our report. The report was the initiator of a series of blood-sucking events ahead. That Friday before the Monday, I had my first experience staying in school till 12 midnight to compete our report (it was not done by the way). I bought my dinner on the way back to the hostel. It's really amazing the number of crowded noodle stalls that were still in sight at a time near to 1am. Maybe, that's Hong Kongers way of life. I spent that weekend editting the report and studying for the coming examinations. Sometimes, I wonder the reason for my tiredness, I realised that I am spending a lot of time on reports and presentations that some people do not. These people often expect the job of those responsible around. Maybe, that's the way of life. Equilibrium never exits in life and I shouldn't be too angry about it. Often, Mummy mentions that it is fortunate to be able to be the one to serve and do it. I hold on this value in life and it does put me through somehow.

The whole of last week was study and more studying. Sleeping time was greatly reduced to 4 hours at night and intermittent 10 minutes nap. Notes and books were all stacked up on my desk, my eyes were forever twitching ( I don't know how it started) and my brain was fighting to strive on. Adding on to this chaos was dysmenorrhea, sometimes, I just feel like giving up. Classmates and seniors who had gone through the suffer were really a great source of motivation. With people hugging together, strength was ignited. At least, I pulled through last week.


Thursady was the end of our last written exam. It was also my first time screwing up an essay paper in Hong Kong. I forgot the description of the classification of drugs for asthamtic patient, blank on the presentaion for thyrodism and didn;t manage to have enough time to answer the renal question properly. Maybe, I could gurantee the third question for a full mark. Yet, I just totally feel I P.K. the paper. Hope it doesn't pull down so badly for my physiology grade. -- 40%. Please do not break my record of getting lower than a B.


Well, it seems like everybody was not very happy about the paper. To relief our stress, more than half of physiotherapy year 1 student went K-singing. We singed, played cards, played Wee, danced, laughed. Afterwards, my clitch went to the wet market to buy stuffs and took a taxi to SM's house for steamboat. The place was rented by my friend and his gang. A place managed by 6 guys was simply horrible. Rubbish.Dust. Anyway, we had great fun there.Majong.Uno.Dish-washing. haha.



The next day(Firday), we were back to school for revision lesson for PTDX (PT Diagnosis and Management of musculoskeletal I).Practised for EPT till 6pm.

Saturday. Practised EPT (Electrophysical therapy). (8am- 6pm)
This pic was taken during one of our EPT lesson. Danny on an IFT (Interferential therapy - suction method) on his low back. :)



Sunday. Practised PTDX. (1pm - 6pm)
Studied Maitland and chatted on MSN and blogged till now.

Good night. (3am)

Besides, this is the Heyerobics I am attending lately.
The instructor is really charismatic!haha. "D
2 more lessons added on.
click to comment

No comments: