Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Unbelievably, I have entered the year 2009 -- a year which I would be entering adulthood and to be faced with loads of decision-making about my future. Nothing seems to be certain for now. Maybe, as the old saying goes, the unknown makes our lives interesting. There are so many possibilities lay ahead for me to have any concrete goals or dreams. I seriously do not know what exactly is best for me or exactly what I wish for. Stepping into adulthood is not as easy as I thought it can be, sometimes, people of my age says I think too much about life. Indeed, most people do survive without thinking, people do survive and live happily without much consideration and worries. And why am I thinking so much about my future plan? I wonder. I maybe afraid of many of the possibilities that would be happening in my life and wondering whether I have the abilities to accept them. I may, also, be in a state of denial, trying to ignore consequences of actions in order to live happily as a person. Coming home during the new year gives me time to rejuvenate and be a little girl again. Yet, in a few days time, I would be back in a world of reality, a world which I have to deal with my own cause. To think deep, I loved home and yet, I realised I have also come to get attach to the place called Hong Kong. It serves as a place for my metamorphosis. It made me grow. It helped me to discover my likes and dislikes. It made me discover the importance of home and friendship. It made understand the fight for survival and the reasons to fight for our own rights. Throughout my two years, my mindset and perspective about this place might have changed. It might be polluted and it too has beautiful hiking sites. It might be fast-paced and exhausting but I somehow realised that it goes all the same for people who are hard-working out there. The space for living might be all that confined but that gives a good start for a cosy home. The problem with Hong Kongers is that many of them just work too hard, no matter whether it is work and play. We just need to learn not to stretch ourselves to the maximal, things might turn out all fine.

The past year had been all great!
Loads of ups and downs that fulfilled my university life. :)
Having my first placement.
Flying off to Europe all by myself.
Being in touch with kind, sporty, aggressive, pervertic and muscular patients.
Being away from home for the longest period of time.
Survived few months of tremendous stress.
Getting to know great friends.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
HOPE ALL OUR WISHES COME TRUE!!!

Lives your life to the fullest. :D
Do not miss out on golden opportunities. Things might never turn back. Times changes everything. Our minds. Our hearts. Our goals. Our dreams. This might be especially true when we are young and we can afford those mutations. Regardless, changes scare me. Confuse me. Baffle me. Maybe, after my 21st birthday, I would have more courage in the things I do. I might need some guidance for now. :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN!!! :D:D:D

1 comment:

Tim said...

Heya Xiaoxin!

Welcome back!! And 新年快乐!

Wish u all the best for studies ah!

When will u be flying back again to HK???