Friday, February 13, 2009

My Fittness Level

Bruce Protocol Maximal Treadmill Test

Bruce protocol involves a change in speed and grade of the treadmill every 3 minutes.
Procedures:
1. Warm up on treadmill at 0% gradient and a speed of 1mph for 3 mins.
2. Start test with a 10% grade incline at 1.7mph.
3. Increase grade to 12% and speed to 2.5mph after 3 minutes

Continue increasing the workloads every 3 minutes until subject reaches exhaustion or reaches 85% of the predicted max heart rate.

The following is my result! ^^
Date: 10/02/09
Finished Stage 05 ending at 11 mins and 58 sec. (limited by my calf strength ><)
Speed: 8.05km/hr with a gradient of 18%.
Anaerobic metabolism comes in the 9 mins.
VO2 reaches the maximal at around 10 mins.
Maximal Heart rate reached: 196 ^^


Simon smiling at me!!!
--My lecturer Simon was showing me the cutie V signs but I missed the shot! Here is just a pic of him smiling. :)


Anaerobic cycling test (Wingate Bike test)
Relative peak anaerobic peak power: 5.73W/kg
--- only girl that passed 5.0 in my group! :D (av. was around 3.0?)

1 comment:

Megan Wai Ming said...

Honestly I hate Simon quite a lot...