Friday, September 09, 2005

My PRIMARY SIX Composition....:)

This was how I write back then in Primary six... Don't tell me it's not much different from now..haha...ENJOY!

The Day I Was Lost In The Shopping Mall

I will never forget what had happened that day. It was a Monday morning. The weather was extremely hot. My mother was too tired to make breakfast and so she brought me, a five years old girl, to the nearby shopping mall.
After their delicious breakfast, my mother went into the 'XY Book Store' to browse at some magazines and thrilling books. As I had no interest in reading books, I stood there like a robot. I soon became very bored and irritated, so I slipped out of the shop and went to the toyshop next door to amuse myself.
I jumped up and down while looking at the toys and was overjoyed when I saw a fascinating toy gun, I attempted to get the toy from the shelf but I could not, as it was too high. I jumped again. I could reach it this time but I knocked hard against the gun and it fell to the hard, marble ground, making a very loud and deafening sound.
I was sure enough that I would be punished. However this time it was not my mother, it was a tall and skinny saleswoman. She gave me an unblinking stare and brandished her fist to show her anger. I looked up reproachfully.
"Sorry… … Madam," I stammered as I apologized.
I felt nerves and worried as I shuffled out of the shop. I was terrified. I tried to recall where my mother was. I looked around. All I could see was a group of people smoking and I heard them saying strings of vulgarities. They looked pugnacious. Others were women and children busy shopping and chatting away. I was hopelessly lost.
At that moment, his eyes were filled with tears and drops of perspiration rolled down his cheek. I shouted for mummy but was hastily shushed. Every passer-by frowned and stared at me, but none was willing to help. I had an uncanny feeling that I was being watched.

"You had better made an announcement," said Mr. Tan, a guard at the shopping mall, in a very respectful manner. I looked down onto the carpet. My body shivered and my teeth chattered. I didn't answer. What I hoped for was my mother. Mr. Tan did not wait long. He held my hand and led me to the information counter. That did my heart good, as I knew I was safe.
"What is your name?" asked Mr. Tan. I shrugged and looked at him, but replied in a soft voice, "Hiu Yan".
"A girl called Hiu Yan who is wearing a blue T-shirt is lost. Her parents can come to the information counter at level one to collect her! A girl……!" a metallic voice croaked.
About a minute later, I could see my mother from a distance. I was so happy that I strained every nerve to wave at her.
We hugged each other when they met. My mother wiped the tears off his face and kissed me. I then realised that my mother dearly loved me.
Before we left, we thanked Mr. Tan. My mother then sent me ceremoniously home to have a hot bath and a good nap.
That night, when I laid down on my bed, my mind raced back to the frightening experience I had had!

Done by: Lau Hiu Yan

No comments: