Saturday, September 01, 2007

Me.

Getting away from home might not be as easy as it seems. It is different from going for camps or trips when you know you would be back home in a few days or weeks. Life is ever more exciting in Hong Kong but the fact that I am not back in my cosy home is quite unbearable. I am indeed very happy that I have met a room mate that is real friendly and nice. However, something inside me feels really wrong. Something that control my heart and emotion. Something that I seldom talk about openly. Maybe, it is just the great effect of hormones.

I was born a Cancer and it is really true that I am a homey person. Well, I just need time to adjust to my environment. Things would be better when school starts, I would be busy studying and excising. After a while, I am feeling okay again.

As a whole, I really find Hong Kong quite different from Singapore. Throughout all the occasional visits to Hk once a year for the past 12 years, I haven't realised the contrast until I stayed on and be an independent girl.

The following is the differences I have found in the past weeks.

1) SmS is more expensive than phone calls and hence students here do not sms.
2) Students here find English harder than Chinese. duh, everyone knows that.
3) Lifeguards must be present before you cam jump into the swimming and you can't leave your belongings along the poolside. Now, i need to swim with a key stripped around my leg.
4) I need to attend an introduction and safety course before I can go to the gym. They are so afraid that I could get injured.
5) I need to pay for my Canto First Aid Course conducted by SJAB.
6) There is always a lot people on the street and train regardless of the time.
7) Services here for places like the bank is really splendid.

These are the interesting differences...
Many more to go... ..

No comments: