Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sept 2007

I suddenly found that I have not been updating myself recently and felt an obligation to do so. Well, it's also really good to keep a record of my busy and hustle life. Memory might fade and this helps to recall. Therefore, I am finally settled down, setting aside some time to reflect on the things that I have done in the past weeks.

Life this two weeks had been so hectic that it had reached a point of suffocation. I have finally experience the life in Hong Kong. Everything here is of great speed and efficiently. As Brother Goat had mentioned, one would feel like they are rushing through their meals although in real fact, they might have a lot of time. Why? Simply, Hong Kong is over-populated and people wants to fight for survival and do business. And in economics, time means money and Hong Kongers are really concerned about that. The more the merrier. Therefore, workload increases by 100000.

Last weekend, I participated in the Orinetation Camp organised by my Hall (hostel). I was staying in a girl's hall and hence there was no boys or man around. Well, there was another element of fun in that but I often feel like guys could enhance the joy we had. There was a total of 3 groups. Two from mainland and one that consisted of Hong Kongers and all the other foreigners, which we called the "Cantonese Group". Basically, our seniors introduced us to loads of good food around our area.

The following is one example; the "MILK EGG" there is extremely nice. I tried it last Saturday midnight. ^^
sp_a0362
Recommended chilli Sour Sweet noodles around the corners. Free Drink for PolyU students.
sp_a0363

One night, we even played Amazing Race and ran around the whole of Whamphon. I am not lack of adjectives and exaggerating. We really ran for a total of 1.5 hours. Expectedly, we won but no prizes were rewarded and we ended up joining the forfeit for the game. Crazy girls.

Sunday afternoon was fun! We had a cooking competition and we went "auntie-ing" at the market and made a lot of sumptuous dishes! I even made a cock tail look-a-like drink. Everyone was so hungry that the food was all gobbled up. Hostel finally felt like home for a moment of two. Photos to be uploaded much later. :P

During one of the game, I turned out to look like this. "P ugliness.
圖像038
Steamboat with the left-over food. Look at their faces. :D
img_1834

I was back to reality on Monday. My muscles and VAN (Veins, arteries and nerves) are piling up. Nothing is installing into my brain. Priniciples of PT practices is ignored. Trying hard to catch up with Biomechanics Everything is in a mess and I haven't gotten it sort out until today. Moreover, I have missed the open lab last week due to laziness. I feel so guilty now, I missed the quiz questions!

The effect: They'll come haunting you in your dream.
img_1831

I have mentioned to some of my friends that HK is really polluted and that my lungs would turn black when I return. Here is some evidences. This is a place where I need to pass by to school everyday.

Look at the amount of cars and people.
img_1836
The weather condition yesterday. PSI:150? Normal Sunny day.
img_1845

One day, I went to the library and found a McMinn's Colour of Altas in Chinese. I was so elated and decided to take a photo of it. Rare sight in Singapore.
sp_a0355

Yestesday was great, I went for volunteer work at two different schools. We did some health check-up on the students and taught them some exercises and mini-aerobic dances. All the students were obesed! They were so round and adorable!
img_1843
img_1844

A glimpse of my favourite Anatomy Lab. It's really well-equiped! Books, atlas, book-stand are all provided. There are even a total of ten cadavers for you to choose from. You can see Dr. William Tsang from far. He is really funny and motivating.
sp_a0367
For rent.
sp_a0368

This is the infra-red control we use to have our on-air quiz in lectures.
sp_a0361

The moment of joy and togetherness.
It have been 3.5 weeks.


I am starting to get use of my life. ^^

My Cousin. 2 n 5 yrs old. ^^
Smart boy.

No comments: