Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My God.

It's one in the morning and I have finally gave up studying and doing my report. Getting bored and sicked, I popped by Timothy's blog and saw the many prayers he made to many of his friends out there. I thought of my brother. Mummy had very strong views recently that he is going to Church. She said my brother is turning himself away from her and into the hands of God. Mummy too believes in God, and so do I, but she had some prejuduces over Christianity due to some personal reasons. She more of prefer Buddism and Catholics.

I have no strong comments about my mother and my brother, their reactions to such situation are so like them. I think my brother's debate on the link between Renaissance and Christianity would not have any profound conclusion.

He wrote in response to his friend's view.
"Your whole point is that the Renaissance consists of a 'movement away from faith' - and FAITH is CENTRAL to Christianity. If you remove faith, there would be little left for Christians. God doesn't exist in people's hearts if people have no faith - now do you know why I read you as suggesting 'Renaissance humanism is about rejecting the Christian faith' (or in my words, 'rejecting the notion of God')?"
With no belief, it comes with no conclusions. Belief allows us to solve problems and gives us reasons to reason.



I believe in the existence of God because I believe God is the spirit and soul of oneself. Therefore, I believe that everyone's God is equal to one God, it's called "My God". When we pray, we seek for hope and that eventually gives us a peace of mind. In the end, we are actually allowing ourselves time to reflect and calm down.

Beliving in a certain religion creates human relationship and bonding which provides one with a sense of common identity. This gives intimacy and love to people which is so important in the pyschological survival in one's life. It's basically a centre for the prevention of illness and diseases. Therefore, I disagree to no religion because ultimately, it does good to oneself.

It is the rituals of one's religion that are main cause of harm. Rituals of all religions actually frigthen me to a certain extent. Can't they just have things like flag raising and a common song and pledge? (Not being offensive)

I actually felt warmth whenever my Christain friends say their prayers for me. It's because I know I am always on their minds and they are all a good friend of mine. This generates security, assurance which all goes back to comforting our own spirits.

We know someone is watching over us. That is our very self. Our very inner heart, inner mind, our god.

With love, I pray for everyone's good health and sore high in their exams.

God Bless.

My very own personal view. Subjected to objections. I remain my neutrality in every religion.

No comments: