Saturday, November 22, 2008

Some reflections

I chose not to travel far tomorrow so that it gives me ample time for sleep and rest. Every things in life has its give and take. We ,humans, can never achieve every single thing we want. Our wants are frustratingly infinite. It is up to our choice to choose the the things we desire and not feel regretful with it. I might miss the chance of seeing the breath-taking view of Long Island but having a massage in the relaxation room and a great movie tonight really did make my day. I do not need too much stimulation in times of great stress like now. I had really love to see the beautiful scenery off-shore HK but the trip would be too exhausting. I had to wait the pros and cons.

Today, when I sat down and thought about life, I realised that my whole mind was blank when I asked myself the most significant events or activities that I did during those busy and fulfilling days last year. Everything seems so great, so happy but none really did impinge on my mind too significantly. I did too many different things with too many people, I participated in too many different forms of activities including social dancing, Taekwondo, Kick boxing, Jazz Dance, Aerobic Dance, TaiChi, Hyerobics, Yogalates, partying etc. etc. and going for all sorts of courses. My life was absolutely crazy and mad! I basically work all days and nights to a point that I felt guilt gushing over me if I was not working. And I was miraculously able to cope with my studies and became one of the top in class. It was like a dream, a year of zeal and blizzard and I couldn't believe I had survived through it. At that time of arrival in Hong Kong, I wanted to try everything I possibly could and I nearly did. Now, I see an overdose of "to-seems-familiar" faces in school. I told myself that it's time for me to tone down and get focus with something. That's actually partly the reason I spent so much taking Pilates Courses outside school. I have possibly somehow found my area of interest after so much try-outs last year. This year, I have also wished to develop deeper relationships with some dear friends at school but there are just so much limitations to it. Sometimes, at some points in life, it kind of upset me.

Next year, I would actually like to get the chance to travel around mainland China, but seriously, I need a travel companion. Just some thoughts for now.


Everybody I know in university is getting so stress! I extremely agree with my brother (Mer Mer Gor) mentioning about the "high stress peak" that we would have each week! Sleep deficient is really making life too tiring and awful but university forces you to have a taste of it if you wants to have good grades (take note: it's not to ensure but the desire to achieve good grades!). And university is the time where you still enjoy the privileges and freedom to be entitled to discounts and do the most absurd things you want to do. Basically, all of us do not want to miss these chances! As a result, we continue to harm our body and brain neurons by giving up our sleep which is so crucial for us. Oh well, that's life!

Most importantly, we are happy at the end of day. That's when you know there is someone out there for you and giving support in everything you do. Even if you are the most loneliness person on Earth but if you believe in God, you will get through life. It's because God always know your existence and loves you. I know there is people in life that cares about my existence and loves me too. That's the reason I feel so blessed and keep me motivated through stressful and tough times.


I had used the word "hell" to describe the week after next but I was told to use positive words... "CHALLENGING AND STIMULATING" should do fine! Here I am for it, preparation shall start tomorrow!

JIA YOU in life!!!

Think of the thousands and millions people are getting laid off... ... :(
Our level of stress might seem so trivial...

1 comment:

Tim said...

Eloz Xiao Xin!

I am back in singapore again! Saw ur post on slp and tots reflections (aka this one la! Aiyoz) and me also alot of reflections.

You cont to jiayou in HK for studies ok??

And yupz, focusssssssssss! S! There are waaaaaaaaay too many things in life that will distract us - hence, we need to be always be focused de. :)

*pawprint*