Monday, July 16, 2007

Dreaming

Something is very wrong with me recently. The problem is that I do not know the reason, maybe to be truthful; I do not want to believe in the reasoning that I have provided myself with. The date for my departure has been confirmed to be on the 22nd of August. It's only about 5 weeks from now. Time really flies in a twinkling of an eye and that scared me somehow. Although I am a person that can easily adapt to the environment around me, the fact that I am going to a place that require me to be extremely street-smart and where old friends doesn't exist is bad enough. I would need to accommodate to relatives and this is something that I have not been practicing for my past 18 years of life. Rumors spread like a bullet train without you really realizing it. Well, I am basically obliged to be self-aware and at my best behaviour all the times.

Hong Kong is simply a complicated place for a blur kid like me, many warned. I was told to keep in mind a few things. Firstly, I am not to be kind-hearted and assume that everyone has some good in the world. Do not offer any help without trying to ask for something in return. Secondly, I am not to dress too much of revealing clothes as I could get raped anytime. Hong Kongers are more conservative? Thirdly, I am not to share any food and drink with anyone. Do not place too much trust on the ones around you. Well, can I do it? I hope so but at the same time, I do not wish to become too cynical about the world.

Something really dumb happened to be the day before yesterday. I was heading to the MRT station and turning back to wave frantically at my Mummy on the 9th floor as usual. All of a sudden, "THUD", my right foot was slipped into the drain, followed by my left foot. I extended both my arm for support and my palms collided with the edge of the drain. My right shin and left thigh was lacerated, badly. Then, I heard Mummy shouting on the 9th floor that I dropped into the drain. She was anxiously asking my brother to come down and cradle me up I supposed. I managed to drag myself back though and had treatment done by my brother. A really big thank you although my leg still hurts me.


The wound.

After the fall, I met my primary school friends at Bedok. Desmond and Herlina actually turned up later than me, as usual. We went rotting at East Coast Park and had our dinner at Galare Cafe. We had two tubes of ice cream too and played cards! I really enjoy this simple life with friends, simply friends.

Sunday, I traveled with my parents all the way to Suntec to look at my brother's Johns Hopkins's booth for a mere 10 minutes. You can call us "free people" as much as you want. Mummy dragged us into Pepper Lunch to have ice cream?!? Daddy was exhibiting his nagging skills by warning me not to walk too near the wall and the roadside and not smsing while walking throughout the trip. My brother must have gotten the genes from him.

Another dumb thing happened on Tuesday that showed my dreamy mood; I was wide awake and staring at the child opposite me on a trip back to Tanah Merah. Well, I ended up in Tampines for no apparent reason. I was basically dreaming and I was still wondering why the journey took such a long time. Sometimes, I think it is really necessary for me to slap myself in the face.

Anyway, I am after all going for a better education. Those 3 years might change me, change my perspective about life and the world, and make me more independent or even more. What I want to do now? To treasure my remaining 2 days to be an 18 years old girl and the days remaining in Singapore for the year 2007.


Me,JungPu,Herlina :D

TsungWei,Desmond,Gerald :D

At ECP.

No comments: