Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy birthday to me!

Today is a great day simply because it's my grand 19th birthday. I can consider myself to be extremely lucky and fortunate to be surrounded by great friends and family members on this very special day of mine.

This morning before I even opened my eyes, Mummy was singing the Birthday song to me and hurrying me to wake up to enjoy my little birthday celebration. I dragged my injured little leg down the bed and rubbed my two sticky eyes. Everything started great! My Brother Goat was already amazingly awake and helping my Mummy with something that I didn't have the energy to find out. I washed up and as I turned into my living room, everything was set up. The candles had already melted half way I supposed and that got us singing the forever sweet and heart-warming Birthday song. I made a wish or maybe two wishes. Later, I got my knees down on the ground and served tea to my parents, this was a yearly routine and it's a sign of filial. In turn, I got 2 red packets that served as a blessing. Daddy then drove me off to school. That started my day real great.

My birthday CheeseCake


Happily singing my Bday song


I reached school at around 0800 while my lesson was going to start at 0900. As usual, I met WeeKok and started chatting with him about stuffs in school. We never runs out of topic which I do not know why. Later, our senior, Keat, went by and started a conversation with WeeKok. I was bored when suddenly he turned to me and asked, " I heard that you are going to HK soon?" I answered and he went on, " That's mean you very zhai la, cuz my two HK friends who applied last year did not get in." I was lost for words when WeeKok said, "Yea, she is damn zhai." Well, I thought of a humble and truthful reply. Maybe, they just missed their applications and I was one that was eager enough to go and fight for my rights. News spread fast. Is this good news?

My gang of friends came at around 0835 and they sang me the Birthday song again. I was so touched. Friends are always there to further lighten my heart. They even gave me a huge Winnie the Pooh cushion. Really loved it! Thanks gals. As for HuiXin, she made me a bead flower by hand, it really warmed my heart. A really big hug to you.

Hui Juan,Me,Lim Jie and Pooh Pooh

Plus Isobel and Hui Xin.
Nat and Shu Hui went to the tiolet I guess.


Later, I had my Physiology and Sociology lecture until 1300. After class, as my group was lothering around the vending machine. I heard someone shouting "Hong Konger, Hong Konger" all over the corrider. It took a moment before I could react. It ended up to be Dr.Tan trying to introduce me to our biomechanic teacher, Mr Ng. The scene was so cute, Dr Tan even asked me about my wound. lol.

I went to support Nat, WK and SH for their debates. The judge there was simply amazing in his analysis and articulation. I left early and didn't really know about the final result.

At night, my family took me to Changi Village Hotel, Salt Water for buffet dinner. I had loads of good food. Steak, grilled, salted, steam, baked, whatever you can name it. It ended with tasty teramisu Chocolate Cake! Simply loved it!

We took pictures there after! Home sweet home!

Garlic Bread with 3 differents kind of sauce.
Red garlic sauce, sweet sauce and prawn sauce.

My family, my life. =)

Brother and Me. In love forever and ever.


My 19th Birthday ended great!

Plus all those Birthday wishes from SMS and MSN. They all brighten my day. Thanks for remembering and being there for me.

No comments: