Friday, January 18, 2008

China Marthon 08.

Physiotherapy Service for China Coast Marathon Today - 20th Jan.
This is our official T-shirt and the goodie bag we got at the end.


Pics without us in it. Pics with us... uploading soon.


The experience I had this round was really way difference from those I had in providing on-field physiotherapy for the basketball team. Injuries mostly focus on the lower limb region and being a new bird, I served mostly as a receptionist; referring cases back to my seniors and supervisors. Regardless, I noticed something very interested about marathon runners; they had cramps all above the body. For instance, in the midst of treating one's hamstring tightness, he would get cramp in the leg or the foot and vice versa. haa.

Interesting case 1 : Numbness in the forefoot whenever he starts to run.
Prof. Simon: Muscles start to warm up during exercises and "increase in size"; this presses on the nerve that eventually passes through the medial malleolus. The problem might link back to the back (he basically performed some tests that are unknown to me). :P

Muffins and sandwiches for lunch. Got to know some nice seniors. Nice day.

Benny treating a patient.
This funny Westerner went into our booth; took out all his clothes, including shoes and wiped his whole body with a gigantic towel, looked at us, pointed at his shoulder and said, "tightness". We went speechless. lol.



This was taken before X'mas at the lobby of my hostel.
My 2nd home for the time-being. :D


My Expired Singapore First Aid cert with my new HK first aid cert. :D
Well, the difference is, I paid like almost 100 Sing dollars for my HK first aid course in chinese and it was free in Singapore. No doubt, the quality of the card seems difference. Nevertheless, learning CPR in cantonese is really cool to me, given 7 years of First Aid training in English.



The view above my desk for this new semester

The books on the bottom right are those that I have borrowed from the library and those on the right are my own. My food compartment is seriously suffering from a lack of space.

3 comments:

Hiu Yeung said...

Sushi! I put a 五星級大鼠 in my blog! 問你怕未!

. said...

Hi Huiyan,

I'm just a passerby that stumbled onto your blog, and coincidentally I'm actually very interested in entering NYP's Physiotherapy course. What kind of grades do I actually need so that I will definitely get into the course? I only know the application requirements, and I'm very sure that ain't the requirements that'll get me into the course.

Mind replying me ASAP? :)

HiuYan^^ said...

To HY senior,

I have also finally watched ths show! 五星級大鼠is too good for you la... I have decided to call you Four stars rat! haha. And dun forget that you are a LAB rat living in the US and not in the drain in Paris... SO dun dream... :D