Saturday, January 12, 2008

In SG part 1

I thought back of the past two days as I stepped up the plane, I realized how friends can really spark up our lives in a way that we would never know. They brought me joy, happiness and encouragement that is so precious and priceless.

On Tuesday, I met up with my Jung Pu, my very very best friend. We have known each other since Primary six but it is not till secondary three and four that our relationship grew to a point of intimacy that couldn’t have been replaced by another person in the world. In JC, we travelled to school in my Dad’s car everyday and we shared every secret we could have in the world. Simply, it’s a friend for life-time and spending time with her is never ever enough. So, I met up with her that morning and travelled to Kallang to meet up with her University friend – Kai Shin. He is originated from Penang and I just came back from Penang! Common topic emerged and we were able to make friend very quickly.

Rain poured down as we began our journey to the Kallang Leisure Park. I halted everybody and decided to take a bus at the Kallang Terminal station. After many obstacles, we finally found the bus stop and ourselves, half-drenched. Well, it was uncomfortable but it created memories. Maybe, it’s worthwhile after all.
As we alighted from the bus, there was a distance from the bus stop and the Kallang Leisure Park; hence we are almost fully drenched when we reached the shopping mall. The new renovated mall was huge but there is a sense of emptiness coming from it. Few shops were opened and people were almost non-existence. Never mind that, we have each other and most importantly, a new skating rink.

We had lunch and played arcade to kill. We revolved on the Para Para machine was an extremely long time. It was fun!!! Kai sing was really good at it, given his slightly plump figure, we was dancing with rhythm and “cuteness”. :D
Ice Skating! I thought Kai Sing the basic skill and he was able to move slowly across the ice. Well, he can be considered a quick- learner, given a self-declared good teacher. :p In the midst, I glided through the ice with speed and grace, it gave a feeling that I was actually flying. Ecstasy. Contentment. Exhilaration. A real escape of reality until you trip and fall with your butt hitting hard on the ice.

We took and a free shutter and went all the way back to Bedok where we showed Kai Shin around. The day ended with a tour around my condominium. Great day.

Wednesday afternoon, I had lunch with my Mummy and friends. At night was the gathering with my St John seniors. They are crazy bunch of people but ironically, they are the ones that made me grew a lot during my secondary school days. Mervyn. Lewis. Timothy. Cheong Seng. Louisa.

Louisa is now studying a course known as “Home Economy and technology” and Mervyn was so shocked at the point that she would only be a “Home Economy teacher” in the future. Mervyn was as blur and crappy as ever, even after NS and studying medicine. By the way, we now labeled Louisa as the “Home Economists”.

To be continued... ...
gtg my Aunt's place for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aiya xiao xin, what "Home Economy and technology"?? It should be "Consumer Sci and Tech".. Lol.. Dont ask me why it is called this way because I have no idea too.. Haha